Heath and I were invited by some of our dear friends (Justin and Traci Pitts...awesome people!) to go watch the Razorbacks play North Texas last night. We had so much fun! We started the night off by tailgating with the Pitts, Walkers and the Bailey's for a little while. (we went a little late!)
Stopped to take a picture with our other dear friends Maria and Brad. (we LOVE these guys...wonderful friends!)

Apart from being only 4 rows from the front, we sat down and I looked next to me and low and behold I was sitting right next to Neily Jones! (for those of you who don't know her, she is our local news anchor) She is the nicest lady ever. She introduced herself to me like I didn't already know who she was! I actually sat right next to her husband and she was next to him. But we were all talking throughout the game like we were all best friends. I kept trying to get a nonchalant picture of her just so people would believe me that I sat next to her, so here are two of the attempts. 
not the best pictures ever, but she had gone to sit by a friend that was right in front of us and I snapped this picture (don't worry, she had NO CLUE! there was no flash! I'm crazy I know!)

this is another attempt to get a picture of her, but her husband is HUGE! Not fat huge, but just a really big guy. When we would stand up, I would go to his elbow!! (course that's not saying much because I'm 5' 2", so...) I guess he has to be because she is REALLY tall and skinny. She is absolutely gorgeous too. She really doesn't look like she does on tv, in person. Anyhoo, thought that was neat! A little "star" struck if you couldn't tell! Hey,what were the odds!?!

Headed down to the game and took our seats. Guess where we got to sit...4 rows up on the home side by the doors where the players come out. They were really good seats. We had the best view. (beats last years seats...15 rows down from the very TOP. I got dizzy looking down at them and had to watch the big screen the whole time!)

Apart from being only 4 rows from the front, we sat down and I looked next to me and low and behold I was sitting right next to Neily Jones! (for those of you who don't know her, she is our local news anchor) She is the nicest lady ever. She introduced herself to me like I didn't already know who she was! I actually sat right next to her husband and she was next to him. But we were all talking throughout the game like we were all best friends. I kept trying to get a nonchalant picture of her just so people would believe me that I sat next to her, so here are two of the attempts. 
not the best pictures ever, but she had gone to sit by a friend that was right in front of us and I snapped this picture (don't worry, she had NO CLUE! there was no flash! I'm crazy I know!)

this is another attempt to get a picture of her, but her husband is HUGE! Not fat huge, but just a really big guy. When we would stand up, I would go to his elbow!! (course that's not saying much because I'm 5' 2", so...) I guess he has to be because she is REALLY tall and skinny. She is absolutely gorgeous too. She really doesn't look like she does on tv, in person. Anyhoo, thought that was neat! A little "star" struck if you couldn't tell! Hey,what were the odds!?!
Back to the game....
we heard and saw this a lot....."Touch down Arkansas!!!"
me, Traci, and Beth....enjoying the game
Ready to go home! We left with 13 min left in the 4th quarter and the score was 52 to 7. We hear the final score ended up being 66 to 7....GO HOGS!!! We had such a good time, just being at the game, and being with our friends. (and of course sitting next to Neily Jones!haha)










4 comments:
Looks like fun! We need to tailgate together sometime!
Okay, so I just figured out what was going wrong with my messages! Sorry I haven't wrote in a while. I LOVE the pics from the checkup!! Nolan laughed at the belly shot. How cute is he! I hope he has a little bit of an attitude when he is poking it out:)
HOW FUN!!! I felt like I was there...and I can't believe you got to sit next to a popular news anchor - that's like a double score right there! ;) SO,...having said that...all the way from FL - Whooooooo - PIG SOUIEEE! RAZORBACKS! I'm sending a high-five your way! :)
So glad you had fun at the football game. I was out and about all day and couldn't watch any of the games so I was constantly calling/texting Payton to give me updates. It's kinda amazing how college football is SO POPULAR in the south! I'm totally addicted!!!
I also loved the picture of Sterling in your previous post. He's getting so big!!! I predict that he'll be extremely athletic. Maybe a future Bison football player? :)
Post a Comment