Yep, you guessed it! We've got this whole potty training thing in full swing! This is the potty chair that Sterling has. The blue rubber ring comes out...thank goodness! Because today we had a little "incident". See, he has been telling me when he has to go pee-pee, but never the other. This morning we went to a sample sale for Levis jeans, (so cool, EVERYTHING was only $5!!! I got two pairs of jeans for me and two shirts for Heath. They had jackets,sweatshirts, shirts, shorts,skirts, etc.... we got there right at 8:00 when it opened and everything was already gone! People get hasty and crazy at those things! They just grab everything and then go through it but that is how I got my stuff. I just sat there while a lady was going through her stuff!) and when we got home I heard him start to grunt, and every mother knows exactly what that means...perfect opportunity, so I took him to the potty. He sat down and proceeded to do his business. I praised him and praised him! I was so excited!! Well he was SO excited and decided he wasn't done. He proceeded to go again, AFTER I had already cleaned it up from the first time. So he sat down, and every time one comes out (sorry if this is nasty! I'm trying to keep it as clean as I can!) he would stand up real quick and look at it and say,"POO POO MOMMY!!" then sit back down. Well the last time he did it, it must not have completely "dropped" off because he went to sit back down and you can just imagine what comes next.... yep, he had poop smeared ALL over that rubber ring and the plastic rim and of course his legs and booty! It was a MESS to say the least! But I couldn't get mad, I just smiled and cleaned him up. What can I say, I am one proud momma! I'm so excited he's starting to realize what he's doing. While we are at home I keep him in big boy underwear (no more nakedness in the Brown house!) and he,for sure, knows to tell me when he has to go. He sometimes gets confused though when I put a pull-up on him, but he's/we're working on it. SOMETIMES when we are out, he will look up at me and tell me he has to go, but most of the time it's too late and he's going while he's telling me! He has been doing this whole, using the potty thing, all week so far. You go Sterling!!**totally forgot to blog about this (mainly for the family).... NO MORE PASSI!!!!! Yep, we are FREE from the pacifiers!!! YAY!!! He hasn't had one since the blog about him falling asleep without it. We think it's pretty cool at least!**







3 comments:
That's great Lane! Potty training takes so much energy and consistancy that most people put it off for a long time, but it is so great when you having a willing child and can get it done early:) What to go Sterling.
what=way oops:)
Absolutely hillarious story! Go Sterling!!!
Also-I love his Halloween costume! I gotta tell you, he is a man after Adalie's own heart being Elmo!
Post a Comment