Friday, February 22, 2008

Breakfast Blues

I just have to blog about this real quick! I have been having trouble lately getting Sterling to eat breakfast. Any body who knows this child, knows that eating has never been an issue! Every morning I give him a choice of what he wants to eat. Usually this process takes forever because he can never make up his mind! Well this morning he decided he wanted blueberry pancakes. (no I don't make them from scratch. It's called already made frozen ones from WalMart!) So I make them (warm them up), sit him in his chair, and start to do other things. That is the beauty of them getting older...just let them eat by themselves but keep an eye on them. I look over at him a little later and this is what I see...

I don't know what that looks like to you, but to me it looks like he just at there and tore them into pieces. The closer I looked and the longer I sat there I saw that he was picking the blueberries out and squeezing them in his fingers...A.K.A PLAYING. He ate maybe two bites and the rest is spread out on his plate.

I don't know about you, but when I was little I would try to either smash things or spread it out on my plate to make it look like I had ate most of it. I thought my mom had no clue...wow how things come back to us! Ya think that's what he was trying to do or maybe he just thought it looked like something fun to play with. You take your pick, but my guess is a little of both!

some of it even made it to his face


That will be there for about a day! Miraculously he didn't get any of it on his pj's!

**Side note, we are going to attempt to take him to Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow for the first time...stayed tuned for those pictures probably Sunday!**

No comments: