Does everybody know how FREAKED out I am of tornadoes/storms...well let me just tell you, I am petrified of them. (and then some)
So, last night (Saturday) we were headed to Heath's brother's house for a little get-together. We had NO CLUE that there was supposed to be severe weather. When we pulled into their driveway it looked nasty outside. When we went in they had the weather on TV. There were tornados headed right towards us from all directions pretty much.
Here's where you insert the part where I start freaking out.
The sirens start going off outside, and I told Heath that I wanted to leave right then to go to his dad's Speede Lube. (it's like 3-4 miles from their house) So we leave and head over there. His parents and grandparents were headed there as well. (it has the pit where they change oil underground so that is where we would be)
No joke, the whole way over there, I was literally holding my mouth because I felt like I was going to lose what little food I had in my stomach because I was stressing so bad. I think if someone were to have taken my blood pressure last night during the whole mess, it probably would have been hospital worthy.
Have you gotten the idea of how scared I am of tornadoes yet?
So we are at Speede Lube pretty much just outside of the major part of the storms, but definitely not out of the woods. Meanwhile, back at Shane's (Heath's brother, which is only a few miles from where we are at this point) house this is what is going on...
This was taken from the upstairs window of their house!!!!You better believe someone would have been taking me to a hospital if I would have seen this! It makes my heart race just looking at it!
The whole ordeal took about and hour and a half, but everyone was safe and sound when we returned to the party. THANK YOU LORD!!!
OH!! I almost forgot about this.
So, when we got back Sterling and the kids went outside to play. All of a sudden someone says, "um Lane, Sterling has his pants off. OH, AND his diaper!!"
I run to the door just as Sterling was opening it handing me his pull up and shorts telling me,"Mommy I have to pee-pee." Then he turns around and heads to the grass, faces everyone and starts PEEING!!!! Of course, everyone saw the whole thing and are just cracking up laughing. Meanwhile I am absolutely MORTIFIED because I don't even know most of these people.
After he is done doing his business he just turns around and starts to go play on the jungle gym like nothing ever happened.
STERLING!!!
I wish I could have got a picture or video of the whole thing because that would be some good stuff to use when he gets older! he-he :) Never a dull moment!!








3 comments:
I LOVE this picture of him! LOL
I am pretty calm about storms, but Parker is terrified, to the point of shaking and not being able to speak.
You are more brave than I am to hop in the car with sirens going off!! I was stuck in Walmart when it happened here. When are these tornadoes going to ease up??
I added the same story to my blog, you are mentioned...=). Sterling is hilarious. I also added pics from Mother's Day!
Rachel
Post a Comment