And I have officially lost it!
I can't believe what a chore making these invitations has turned out to be. But I am almost done and have even handed a few out today, so that's one check down and a whole lot more to go on the huge list!
Here it is in all it's glory! ha
But (ok, insert my short little vent session. Don't judge, you know you do it!) all of this work/effort/craziness may not even be worth it anymore.
You may be thinking to yourself, what is she about to say? with a little smug look on your face.
You see, I planned this party around the Razorback games this year. That way someone might actually show up this time. (around here pretty much everyone goes to all the games and if it's a night game, they will tailgate ALL DAY until the game. So their Saturday is shot...hence their spare time for a birthday party.) Last year, only two of Sterling's friends (aside from family) showed up, but his party was on a game day last year...I learned my lesson.
Fast forward to today. I found out since the Hog game is cancelled for this Saturday due to the ever-loving hurricane, the game will be made up on...
Yep.
You guessed it.
The same day as Sterling's birthday party. When there where NO GAMES SCHEDULED!!! UGH! sigh...
Please don't misunderstand this as being selfish or greedy, I just want this for Sterling so bad. Last year was one thing because he was only two and didn't really understand. But this year, he understands EVERYTHING. He knows that his friends are coming to his house for his party and that he is having a pinata and is going to have so much fun. So to see the joy on his face when he is playing on his new swing set with all his friends there to share it with him, will make all of this party planning crap (sorry I had to say it!), worth it!
Ahh, much better.
See that is why I blog!
Now onto the fun stuff!
All of the decorations/everything has come in and it's just sitting in the box waiting for me to attack! Look at how cute this pinata is! (that is his tail hanging behind him btw!)
(kind of a cool story, well at least I think so anyway. I just googled "monkey pinatas"and this is one that popped up. It was the cheapest (and cutest) one I found. They were out of stock...go figure. (good thing I did this whole ordering way in advance thing!) So I wrote them. They said they were getting a shipment in the end of the week and they would hold one for me once it came in. Ok. It came in and they called me. Great! I went to order and got to the checkout part, the friggin shipping cost the exact same amount as the item. No way! Call me frugal. So I wrote them asking if there were any specials going on or anything. They wrote me back and gave me $5.00 off the order. SOLD!)
And here is the box of goodies that I will sit one day next week and go through. Actually I'm looking forward to that. I think it's so fun to get boxes in the mail and go through it all! Makes me feel like a kid! :) The orange bags are from Rachel's step dad(he works for a candy company)...Mr. Monkey's insides!
My view for the next three days!It's a mess but at least it's an "organized" mess!







10 comments:
The invitations are adorable! You did such a great job!
Sterling is lucky to have a mommy who cares so much about every detail to make it perfect for him.
It will turn out great and hopefully all his friends will make it!
I can't believe you MADE those! SO CUTE!
...And even though I don't have kids, I can only imagine how important it would be for their special day to be perfect!
Hopes it's everything you want it to be!
Pictures, pictures, pictures!
We will totally be there Lane, wouldn't miss it for the world!!! The invitations are adorable, you did a great job!! Sterling is going to have an awesome party!
Oh my goodness Lane...send it all down here...I will do it all for you!!!! I love planning birthday parties and decorating for them. I just told Rachel after Owen's party that I so want to be a children's birthday party planner...I am already planning Jules!!! See...I am bored...so let me help!!! :) Wish we could come...but Jillian is such a terrible 2's BRAT right now...and I am not going anywhere anytime soon!!!!
I think that invitation is so cute!!! I could never do anything that creative!!
Wow, you rock, those invitations are sooo cute!! Just tell people you'll have little tvs stationed around the house and bathrooms so they can keep up with the game without a big hubub, haha! I hope is a great day!!!
lane those invitations are darling! i saw it today at rachels! Dont stress out to much about the texas game.. people may even give up on the hogs by that time : )
Sterling is going to have a great bday party!
Lane, we will be there!! The monkey theme is so cute. I just have no idea what to get him. Something really cool.....Hmmmmmm
You know that Keith and I are coming. We don't even care about football games but I know you meant you are especially hoping for the kids to show up. Trust me sweetie, he will only care about his cousins showing up with presents and playing with him on his new swing set. He'll have a ball. Those inviations are outstanding. You are so talented!
looks like a lot of fun!!
Post a Comment