Tuesday, June 2, 2009

200th post

How appropriate that my 200th post is going to be all about my two kids! (wow I can't believe I can say that!) I'm sure you wish I was doing some fancy give-a-way like others do, but sorry you're out-a-luck! I am posting all about my kids! :)
We scheduled the new testing that they offer now (which is extra but my insurance, shockingly, pays for it) for early screening of trisomony 13, 18, and Downs Syndrome. Not that it would change anything, but I am just that person who needs to be very prepared for things and since they offer it and my insurance pays, we went ahead and did it. All they do is prick my finger for 5 drops of blood and then do an ultrasound to do a bunch of measurements, send it off and we get the results back in a week.
So all that to say, we had an ultrasound yesterday!!
I am 13.5 weeks and the baby is only 3 inches long (about the size of a Nutter Butter according to my weekly email!) and we could already make out everything about it!! And when I say everything, I mean, everything! The tech was able to tell us what she "thinks" it's going to be!!! However, we are not telling anyone until the 19 week appointment next month, that will tell us for sure what it is. I know, the suspense is horrible! :) We were able to see it put it's thumb in it's mouth, which is what the first picture is. (it can't suck yet but can put it's hands in mouth as of this this week, so it was cool to be able to see that!) It's amazing to think that it's that small yet we can already see it moving around like a little kid...so awesome! Sterling was able to be in the room during the ultrasound and he loved every minute of it! Every time it would move he would ask what it was doing now. He kept saying,"We're havin' a baby! I'm so glad we're havin' a baby. It's so cute!"
You can see it's little femur down there...the bones are just forming this week so it's amazing that we can see that! The tech gave Sterling his very own copy of this picture and he put it up in his room...so precious!
It's true when they say that you show alot faster your second time around! Ugh, terrible picture but here it is in all it's glory!

And here is my big boy singing one of his Daddy's favorite songs...it cracks me up everytime I watch this!

18 comments:

Jillian said...

You look great and Sterling is so adorable!! I can't wait to see him again, hopefully he is not 16 when that happens:)

Jessica said...

It must be a boy. I think someone told me that you can tell early on when it's a boy. But come on tell tell tell. I can't wait another month!!!

chadandnikki said...

Hopefully your screening will come back great. I'm currently 18 weeks preggy, and our daughter was diagnosed with Trisomy 18 at 13 weeks. It's a terrible diagnosis, but I agree with you that it's good to know early. I'm thankful we know what we are getting in to, and you are exactly right. It changes absolutely nothing. Praying for you.

Heather said...

I can't wait to hear what you are having! COngrats on 200 post, I just 150. You look gorgeous and just glowing!!

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Yay...I'm glad you and the baby are doing great! I love the belly bump picture...too cute! I can't wait to call the baby by name next month...I'm so excited for you all!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

awe, so cute!

Anonymous said...

You look adorable! Being pregnant is amazing. We are doing great...Ava is such a good baby and so laid back!I feel so blessed. I find myself the most tired during night feedings but I don't normally take a nap during the day. Around 8:00 pm I'm about ready to crash...hard. Thankfully she is on a good schedule and is breastfeeding well. Being a mom is truly the most incredible feeling I've ever experienced! I'm so in love. Love the ultrasound pics :)

Hollie said...

you are so cute! i loved being pregnant!

funny video!

Tara Gibson said...

ahhhh i wanna know! tell me! : )

Kim at Scarlett Boutique said...

You know we are DYING to know!! I admire your ability to keep a secret, we can't for anything around here! Praying for everything to be just perfect, what great pictures of the little one!

Crystal_King said...

Just had to check up to see how the baby news was coming along! That's wonderful! Isn't it so amazing to see the ultrasound even though they're still so small? Carl and I just shared our news that we're expecting our second child too! I'm 9 weeks pregnant! And I couldn't agree more, I swear to you I'm already showing! I just had a baby last year so maybe that's contributing, but hey, I'm right there with you! Glad to hear all is going right on track!!

Lindsey Eason said...

Can't wait to find out what it is! And isn't it hysterical how each month they compare the baby's size to a plant or something like that?! Chad laughs each month when he learns which vegetable the baby is being compared to - haha! You look gorgeous btw - that's such a cute pic of your growing belly!!

Brooke Bertalan said...

BAAAAAAAAAAHAAA! Sterling is just like his daddy. I love it. His little performance was great.

Brittney said...

Can't wait to hear what baby 2 is...I am thinking boy, but who knows! How much longer are you going to keep everyone waiting????

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

hahaha so cute=) you look adorable!! and i can't wait to hear what your little one is going to be=)!

Lyryn said...

Praise God for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. My prayers are with you as this baby continues to grow! Blessings!!

Kevin and Laura said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys. I hope it's a brother for Sterling--he's going to be an awesome brother either way though!!

Kristy said...

LANE BROWN! You get your cute little pregnant self back on here! I miss you!!! =)
Hope everything is good with you and your cutie boy and lil sweet baby!
=)