Monday, August 24, 2009

HELP...I need your advise!!

Ok I am in desperate need of everyone's opinions!!
Since our car seat that we used for Sterling was recalled a few years ago, we are left without one.
Nice.
Also, the stroller it came with is broken as well. So we are in need of a car seat and stroller.

Double nice. So my question to all of you is, what car seat/stroller combo do you like best and where did you get it? Of course my number one concern is safety but I also want affordable and good quality.

Also, (and you thought I was done :)) what diaper bag have you found that you just love and would recommend to everyone!?! I need something that is economical but cute!

Do you recommend a one strap, two strap backpack style, or one strap across the shoulder? So many choices! :)

I can't wait to see what you all recommend! Thanks so much in advance for your help!!

14 comments:

Kristy said...

IDK about strollers nowadays... I like the ones at Target and WM- they are so much cuter now than they were when I bought mine!

And for diaper bags, I always used purses! I would find cute (cheap!) ones and rotate them. I had one that was a Levi's one for $10 and it was the perfect size for everything

Can't wait to see what you get!

Lindsey Eason said...

We purchased a Peg Perego car seat for Lillie Anna with the base so you can easily pull it out of the car and place it in the stroller. It will fit in just about any stroller, but they do make Peg Perego strollers designed specifically for the car-seat...they're just more expensive. Peg Perego's are a more expensive brand, BUT, you can buy them at consignment stores for 1/3 the price (which is what we did)....our $340 valued car-seat cost us $100! :) Also, they have multiple car seat liner options, so you have options to change it out.

Also, I was given a diaper bag that is made by the company 31 (google it)....it's super stylish with matching accessories and can be monogrammed as well. It's large enough to hold all you need, but not big and bulky...2 over-the-shoulder straps.

April Jackson said...

I am a major review reader and I definetly read all the reviews and ratings about car seats/stroller combos. We have the chicco combi fit combo. It has the best safety rating out there (it did a year ago at least). They have cute colors that they come in as well. Most of my friends have Chicco car seats as well. I was going to buy Avery's bigger car seat at a consignment sale but I was told by several people not to do this b/c they could have been in an accident. So if you look at a consignment shop, just do your homework!!
I don't really have any suggestions for diaper bags. I had a pottery barn kids one and I didn't love it. When we traveled I used a backpack because of ease. I definetly regret not getting a cute one!!

Melody said...

I LOVED our Graco Travel System. We had the Quattro Tour Lx System that came with the SnugRide car seat and base. It took up quite a bit of room in the trunk of our car but it was super easy to pop up and collapse with one hand and I was totally spoiled on how easy it was to push and maneuver.

As far as diaper bags the one I used the most was a two strap over the should bag that zipped from TJ Maxx. It actually wasn't a diaper bag but it had similar compartments that made it very easy to convert into one. I liked that it zipped so I didn't have to worry if it tipped over that everything would fall out. It even had a couple of open slots on the outside that you could use to put a bottle or cup in.

Dallas said...

We love Chicco! Love it! And it's pretty popular nowadays because EVERYONE has one. EVERYWHERE you look.

I like the backpack style diaper bag. It's way easier when you have number 2 b/c you are holding a carseat with one arm, your other kids hand with the other, and if you have an over the shoulder bag, you are constantly pushing it back up on your shoulder. Problem solved with the backpack.

Good luck.

Kerri said...

I love, love the backpack we got a bumble bag. Jasmine ended up getting the same one becasue it was so awesome:)

Anonymous said...

I used the Graco Quattro tour system also. It has a great safety rating and is a great price. Ours was around $200 for the stroller and car seat. I was blessed with big babies and the car seat that comes with this set goes to 30 lbs, most only go to 22 lbs. My daughter was 20 lbs at 6 months. My son is 15 lbs at 2 months. So I definitely need the bigger weight limit. I've also used this set with both kids and its good as new.

As for Diaper bags, I use purses and tote bags. I have 2 kids under 2 so I need a big bag to carry a lot of stuff. I'm not a big backpack person. So I use mostly 2 handle or one handle ones that I can put other my shoulder.

Angela said...

Hey- I just jumped to your blog from Lindsey's, but thought I would give my advice. Graco has worked really well for us in almost everything including travel system. We have the metrolite system- the stroller's wheels are not as big as the quatro tour, but it is MUCH lighter than most travel systems. It has held up well for 2 kids. And, I agree with purses for diaper bags- I have a huge Fossil purse and it works great!

Anonymous said...

I'm very unfamiliar with the world of baby products but I came here because I couldn't find your email address in your info section!

You had asked about my lentil salad that I constantly post on our menu mondays! I usually cook up some lentils, I eyeball it, it's usually a half a bag of lentils that I cook in water, usually two inches of water covering the lentils. While that's cooking (about 20 minutes), I add olive oil to a pan and sautee onions (1 to 1 1/2) and 1 or 2 bell peppers. And at the same time I will cut up two chicken breasts (Perdue perfect portions) and pour some Lawry's marinade over it, usually a sesame ginger marinade. Sometimes I'll grill the chicken but usually the sesame ginger marinade because we like that a lot!

I chop up a couple of heads of romaine lettuce and serve the salad with some shredded cheddar underneath the pile of lentils, onions, and peppers! My husband likes a drizzle of olive oil over it but I like an Italian salad dressing poured over it!

That's basically the recipe, I play around with it a lot and try different cheeses, veggies, and salad dressings but the above recipe is our absolute. favorite.!!! Let me know if you do end up trying it! :)

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

I would definitely try to get a backpack diaper bag...it's much easier to tote around!

Allie said...

I just found your blog from someone elses, but I thought I would give my advice. I love our stroller, it is chico brand from babies r us. I am sure you can get it at other stores too. The carrier is very sturdy and safe and fits right into the stroller. Then when the baby doesn't use the carrier anymore it is still a really nice stroller. The stroller, carrier, and the base all came together for about $260. I just love it. I got a diaper bag that has one shoulder strap. I'm not sure if I am crazy about it. So I will be checking back to see what people advise you on that. Congratulations.

Allie said...

Sorry I spelled "chico" wrong. I noticed that a lot of people recommended this brand and I have the chicco travel system. Love it.

Heather said...

Oh I am horrible to give advice, cause my first instinct is to look at the cutest, which is usually the most expensive. I will have to double check, but I think ours is a Graco and I love it. I will try to find a link and send it to you.

Check etsy for diaper bags. They are so many cute ones to choose from that girls make, and so stylish and practicle wiht lots of options.

I was probably no help at all.

Suz said...

A-Z in alma carries baby car seats & strollers for a fraction of the price & they are cuter than the wm stuff I have.. I do love my graco stroller, it may not be fancy, but its totally convenient!

Tj maxx has cute diaper bags!