Monday, August 3, 2009

Old school style tent

Sterling was "boring" (his words for bored) Saturday so we decided to make a tent...old school style. We got the kitchen chairs and sheets and went to town.
Really it took about 2 seconds to make the ghetto thing, but he had fun regardless!
It stinks being an only child with no friends around to play with and it raining outside! It won't be much longer that and that will change!
He brought a bunch of his "friends", aka his stuffed animals and blankie, in there with him!
Look what is coming along rather nicely...
I can see the light at the end of the shed making process! All he has to do now is construct the building...which once it is started he can't stop. Sooooo, tonight I should have a shed (finally) in my backyard! And I can finally start working on the baby's room! :)
22 weeks

9 comments:

Nessa said...

Aww, he is too precious!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I use to make tents or my parents did like that! You still have fun! You look so cute pregnant!

Sharon said...

Oh, I so remember building tents like this with you:) We would always say that we were going to stay up all night and play and then we would go to sleep by midnight. Fun memories!

Heather said...

YOu look so pretty! my oldest is about to drive me bonkers saying he is bored and wanting to sit in front of the TV all day!! He and Sterling should hang out and entertain each other!

Anonymous said...

Aww he's so cute! Back in the day (I'm old enough to say that now?) my sister and I would build tents and play in them for hours - he will enjoy it with his little sibling soon enough! :)

Lindsey Eason said...

Wow - you're officially back in the blogging world - yay! Love the tent idea...that brings back many wonderful childhood memories of staying inside on rainy days and using the good ol' imagination. :) Can't wait to see pics of the finished shed! And btw: take care of yourself...just saw on facebook that you're anemic. :(

Lyryn said...

Old school is right… but they are the BEST kinds! My brothers and I use to make them all the time in our basement. Can wait until my son starts! Good times! :)

Love the blog!

Unknown said...

You have such a precious little boy! Cute blog!

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Sterling's tent brings back so many childhood memories...I love it! He's so adorable!

You look so cute...great picture!