Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sunday fun

Sunday was a fun-filled day! It started with Bible class at church...it was promotion Sunday! That means that the 2 yr olds going to the 3's, get a Bible, the 4 yr olds get a certificate, and the K's going to 1st get a big kid Bible. So everyone meets in the big auditorium and they are called up one by one to receive their special thing. So, of course, some pictures to document the big morning! Last year Sterling got a Bible, but this year it was a certificate. Go look at the link from last year and see how much he has changed in a year...he's losing all his baby fat and growing into a big boy (sniff sniff)!!
being a little toot!
Still waiting for his name to be called... Sterling Brown...
This was too funny because he was just strutting his stuff all the way down and the people that could see him were just snickering saying he was struttin it! He was proud of himself!
Most of the 4 year old's...I kind of feel sorry for their teachers!
Here is the K-12th grade that was there that morning...our church loves kids!
Then it was back to being a little toot again. We couldn't get him to smile for anything. Grrr 3-4 year olds can be very challenging at times!! Then in the evening we had the Back-to-School Skate party. Here is last years post about it
Can you believe how much he has changed! Look at his accomplishments this year....
He didn't even make it half way around when he let go of his Daddy's hand and took off!! We were so proud!
There is a picture of me from last year on that link...big difference a year makes huh! I love to skate, so it was killing me not being able to be out there!
a little side belly shot for you all... getting the hang of it
He was LOVING it!!
Goofball!
Sterling and his "best friend Elijah". Whenever Elijah's name comes out of his mouth it is always prefaced by "my best friend"...so cute!
Wonder if this is a sign of the future!?! LOL! His little friend Lauren...
Then he played limbo and was really good...considering!
Sterling with his cousins Caiden and Clayton... What a fun day! Perfect way to start the new week.
Oh and I said this week was going to be boring compared to last week... yeah, not so much! Our newest addition to the Brown family will be here on Friday!!! We can't wait to meet you little miss Bree!

10 comments:

Jillian said...

Love all the pictures of your belly and Sterling!! He sure has changed since I met him!! I hope I get to see both of you in September!! And I love how I feel close to those girls but you are the only one I have met in real life!! I need to come up for lunch sometime!! But that would be a long trip so maybe Ryan and I will plan a trip to Arkansas for next summer!!

Heather said...

Look at your boy strut his stuff, so cute!! You are going to have a heart breaker on your hands! I could never get my husband out on the skate rink!! You look too too cute!!

Laura Carson said...

Sterling really IS looking so much older! In the picture where he is holding the certificate, I can see you in him. He is TOO cute!

You are such a cute pregnant momma!

Rachel said...

Sterling looks so old =(!!! I can't believe how fast our kids are growing up!!!!! Before you know it he will be starting kindergarten!!!!!

Lindsey Eason said...

Fun times! Looks like you all have a really nice skating rink...wish we had one of those nearby - the kids have never been roller skating!

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Sterling did such a good job roller skating...he's such a big boy! Love the belly picture...you look adorable!

Holli said...

Awww! I love his little skates!

Danielle said...

He looks so precious and proud holding his certificate! He really has changed, what a big boy.

Becky said...

Those pictures are just priceless. I loved the one of him walking down the isle. He has such a grown up gait to his walk! You are so right, he is growing up. Time for this new baby Judson Wayne to come into the picture.

Ashley said...

Okay, he is just the cutest thing! look at your little baby bump! You are precious sweetie!!!