I just wanted to share a quick thought and a HUGE blessing with you all. So, while I was busy complaining in my previous blog about the whole insurance thing and how we were going to pay $120 more a month (blah, blah, blah), God was working on a plan for us. I have been wanting to get Sterling into some kind of preschool program but knew we weren't going to be able to afford it, so I kind of put that thought in the back of my head thinking maybe someday. Well, I noticed, in our church bulletin this morning, that the little preschool through our church needed teachers aides and substitute teachers. I asked the lady who is head of it if there were any positions left for the helpers and she said there was one more opening! First blessing. So, she then proceeded to tell me that Sterling would be absolutely FREE and that I would be getting paid to do this. WOW! Three blessings all together, taken care of at the same time. I didn't even realize it until we were driving home that the money I make from doing this will more than pay for the extra insurance for the month. So, right then and there I got such a peaceful feeling come over me, that we were going to be ok! I have been busy worrying about how I'M going to be able to pay bills and how we are going to be able to handle the extra bills that have come our way. Marshall (our preacher) had an excellent sermon a few weeks ago on the power of God. About how God can do ANYTHING if we let go of the control that we "think" we have in our lives and to trust and be content with His desicions. That is so hard to do especially when you are struggling. If you can do this, He WILL work in your life. GOD IS SO GOOD! (can I get an "AMEN"! haha)
3 comments:
Hey Lane - that is such exciting news! You're right...God is so good! How neat that Sterling will be able to go to preschool and that you'll be able to be close by if he needs you - I bet you'll have so much fun teaching! And yay for extra money for insurance!! When does his school start?
Yea! Maybe you will be in Nora's room on Tuesday mornings while I am in Ladies Bible Class. I am so glad that everything is working out. Now you can start on #2!
Praise God, I am so happy for you Lane!
Amy
Post a Comment