Friday, December 19, 2008

Mi mejor amiga es de Mexico

Translation=
"my best friend from Mexico"! One of my best friends ever, Hayley, came back to the states for Christmas this year and while she was here, she came to visit me!! Her and I have been best friends since the 9th grade! In high school and college, where one of us was the other was not far behind. When I got married (in college) I separated us for the first time. It was so rough. And when I say rough, I really am not doing the emotion justice.
So, she got married 1.5 years ago and was forced to move to Mexico for her husbands job.
Stab a sista in the heart!
At least I was only 3.5 hours away when I moved!!
So now they must stay in Mexico for 4 years. She still has 2.5 more to go, blah. But thankfully to this awesome thing called Skype, we can talk for FREE over the computer as long as we want. It's awesome! So, she came to visit on Thursday. It has been a little over a year since we have seen each other and it was like no time has passed!
We started off when she got here with a major catch-up session, of course. Then it was off to another Christmas party for her and me. (I have had tons of parties this year and I LOVE every minute of them!!) Here we are at Kitchen Queens...
(no we did not do the red and green on purpose. we realized it when we looked at the picture!)
Today we decided to drop Sterling off and go shop all day. Didn't intend for it to be an all-dayer, but it turned into that. But that's ok because we had so much fun. Sterling loves his "aunt hayley" and was so sad when she left.

about to go shopping

Some worn out girls!
We wanted our picture together and Heath wasn't home so next best thing....Sterling. Here is his attempt! Pretty good for a three year old!
Then we just decided to do the timer. Much better. (that is a sticker Sterling decided to put on his neck and I just now noticed it was on there when I downloaded this picture!!haha little sneak!)
Look at this gorgeous sunset today. We haven't seen the sun in a while here and it was an absolute beautiful day today. Just a glimpse of God's beauty! Thank you, Hayley, for coming to visit me this time! I had so much fun and it was so good to finally get to squeeze your neck! A year is way too long!!! Thank you for always being such an encouragement and such a wonderful Christian example to me. Love you girl!! :)

8 comments:

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad you were able to spend time with Hayley. She's a sweetheart!

amy (metz) walker said...

Love the pictures...and how fun to see your friend! Sad she lives so far but its definitely a place you'll have to visit!

Erin said...

Did you photoshop that penguin sticker on Sterling's neck?!.....I know he would't have put it there himself...

Very cute pictures! You are as gorgeous as ever! I hope all your holiday festivities are wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, a free place to stay in Mexico??!! I think that's a perk! I love the picture Sterling took, he is such a HAM!

ps: thank you so much for the sweet comment about my dad, you're a doll. It meant a lot. :)

Mrs. Nurse said...

glad you got to catch up. love the green shirt too!

Brooke Bertalan said...

So many things to say:
First, that was so fun that you got to bring Hayley to KQ! I hope she had a good time. I wish you guys had stayed longer though. I hardly got to talk to either of you.
Second, you got some really good pictures in this blog. I love the green and red! That's a keeper!!
I also loooove the one of you and Sterling by the tree. You look really good and Sterling looks as precious as always.
Lastly, Haha Sterling! I love the sticker you little stinker. I'm still laughing. Somebody is going to be the class clown!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lane, he is shaping up to be just like Heath. His main objective will be to make everyone laugh so get ready. LOL! But his Dad was loved by everyone when he was growing up - so many friends! You had to work at it to not like Heath so maybe Sterling will be showered with friends everywhere like his Daddy.

Maggie said...

Great post!! Those are some awesome pictures, too! ha ha, was that a princess sticker on Sterling's neck - he is an absolute clown, Lane!! I bet you guys have so much fun with that boy!!! I love it!!