Wednesday, November 4, 2009

When's this kid going to get here!?!

"Your baby is now around 18 1/2 inches long and nearly 6 pounds—just about as big as a breadbox!" This is what my weekly update tells me today. My children must be...errr...ARE an exception! So, I had my ultrasound today and he is weighing in at 7 lbs 10 oz! Your baby probably weighed that at birth at like 39-40 weeks. But this, this is EXCELLENT news for me! At this same week, with Sterling, he measured in at 9 lbs 2 oz!! (no I did not have diabetes) So you can imagine my relief when I found out that I'm not having a little toddler this time! :) So when do I get to have him and how you might ask? My doctor is awesome and has already scheduled me for induction on the 19th!! WHAT WHAT!!! Two weeks from tomorrow!!! I will be 38 weeks to the day. I will have another ultrasound that Wednesday to make sure that he hasn't like doubled in size and that everything looks good to go. He is not making me have a c-section either!! Also EXCELLENT news to my ears! I told him I really wanted to try it natural first (yes drugs will be involved!!) and then if it goes on and on like Sterling's, then I will go ahead and have one. But I really want to try first especially since he's measuring so much smaller! When the ultrasound tech was done measuring she switched it over to 4-D for a while. When we had Sterling's 4-D done, he wasn't able to open his eyes yet. This time we got to see Judson open his eyes and mouth and look around. It was so cool!!! We both agree that he looks a lot like Sterling! In this picture his nose looks really wide but it's not really. She said he was moving around A LOT, so when she snapped this one he was in the process of moving his head so that's why it looks a little wide. He only has one eye half open in this picture but we saw both of them open and blinking! We also saw that he has some hair! I CAN NOT wait for this baby to get here! These next two weeks are going to go by SO slow!!!

11 comments:

Jillian said...

Wow two weeks! Exciting!! Praying for a safe delivery!

Heather said...

I am so excited for you guys! I got all teary looking at this picture, it's amazing the things they can do and see these days! can't wait to "meet" him!!

Becky said...

How exciting. I would love to have seen those 4D pictures. Did you get some copies? Hang in there Lane, it will be over soon and then you will have a sweet little baby boy.

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

He's so beautiful! I love the 4d picture! I can't believe he's almost here! I will continue to pray for you and sweet baby Judson!

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie said...

I think he looks like Sterling, too!! 4D ultrasound is SO cool!! Makes the ultrasound process so much more personal. 2 more weeks isn't long at all. It will be here before you know it!!!

Suz said...

Can't wait to meet sweet Judson! We'll have to get together a couple more times before then. Maybe that will speed it up! :)

*Keep doing those squats, see if that gets him moving before the induction date! :)

Anonymous said...

So exciting! I hope it goes well for you...I want to try the same thing with our second child! I feel like I missed the whole birthing experience by having a section

Holli said...

I hear ya! I saw my baby's ultrasound picture and I wanted to hold it so bad! Only 20 more weeks to go! Ha! Praying for a FAST and SAFE delivery for you.

Anonymous said...

he DOES look like Sterling!!! u guys make beautiful babies!!!!! congratulations!!!

alyssa said...

love his sweet face!! and your maternity pictures too!!! hope you are feeling well. i missed kq. boo!!!